Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Some Good Today

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Do Some Good Today

Click on these links once a day and put something good out into the world. Please feel free anyone to add your own links or maybe just make suggestions on some easy things we (lazy internet addicts) can do to make the world a better place.

The Animal Rescue Site. Click link at the link below to help feed them.
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...kyoupg_ARSlogo

Click link at the link below to help save earth’s rainforests.
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cgi...kyoupg_TRSlogo

Click link at the link below to help save young lives.
    http://www.thechildhealthsite.com/cg...kyoupg_CHSlogo

Click link at the link below to help fund free mammograms.
    http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/c...kyoupg_BCSlogo

Click link at the link below to help feed hungry people.
    http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin...kyoupg_THSlogo

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Blog Entries

Well, I've adopted a seal

Cool

I remember , you told me bout

wich remind me a story :

A guy at job some monthes ago tried to entice me, and was always speaking about inintersting matters ( poor chap) and most of the time about ....... a dragon he had adopted on the web.. and he wanted me to do as well... well no matter with that , but he became quite boring always asking news from my dragon and always speaking me about his own... from morning till I left job... mm I guess he understood I was politely bored with ugly dragons ( believe me they were ugly) for he moved on the lower floor and kept sending me pop-ups on our intranet..; and progressively stopped cause he finally get that I might have some others subject of conversation that green dragon with red wings and tail.

he was quite sympathetic by the way but...; very very very annoying and boring , nice , but boring *sigh*
    I don't sound charitable , do I?

well it was alil story about job
    Last edited by lianedefeyer; June 16th, 2003 at 01:57.
    queen of pencil! queen of the brush! power is mine!! MWHA AH AH

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow! what a great thread!

I really like it, but i must say my internet skeptic voice kicked in a little bit, to wonder if this is actually true...(you know that little voice that usually sounds like a parent who says "hey, this is the internet, if it sounds like it's too good to be true, it probably is.") So i'm wondering...but, it doesn't hurt to just click, right?

I'd like to look further, i'll do that at some point, just not now.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

is that in Pieterburen Mike?

*sighs*
    I "rescued" two birds and tried to keep them alive. This was on two seperate occasions. The first was attacked by crows and mac pies and had a big wound. But since I was too young, I chased them away and took care of the bird. I only prolonged its suffering I'm afraid . The second was a young macpie, but he was too sick to help. That was more a case of paliative care.

I'm not much of a caretaker, or so it seems .
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; June 15th, 2003 at 16:16.
    "When I think I might die without seeing a hundredth of all there is to see it makes me feel," he paused, then added, "well, humble, I suppose."
    " And very angry, of course."

well Corvus , you did your best it occured me trying to heal lil birds.. and lead tgem to death because they were weak and badly woundeh
    I may apologize for having told not ery funny stuff on my first post here on this thread , I donno why I started talking about this foollish story in a thread dedicated to make the world better

this had nothing to do in , I apologize
    queen of pencil! queen of the brush! power is mine!! MWHA AH AH

Blog Entries

Not Pieterburen, the "neighbour" Ecomare.

Silly Liane. Your lil stories are always welcome

Of course, your stories are more than welcome .

I'm sorry, but I must say I've never heard of ecomare. I learnt something new today then .

btw: not all my saving efforts were in vain. There have been about five dogs that stranded around our house which we retreived to their owners, most of the time. And I feed the birds in winter . And the deer as well, it's not like this is a huge national park where there is food in abundance. They get hit by cars frequently, well, one time per individual deer.

I just remember failiure better, I suppose.
    "When I think I might die without seeing a hundredth of all there is to see it makes me feel," he paused, then added, "well, humble, I suppose."
    " And very angry, of course."

Blog Entries

yeah, Lia, good and fun stories like yours are welcome wherever & whenever they come up. It's all good, this wasnt meant to be a serious-only thread.

but I did learn something interesting today. I learned that most large fast food chains, Burger King & McDonalds, for example, clear rainforest land in order to graze the cattle they slaughter to make beef, cause it's so much cheaper to get land there. This I knew, but what I DIDNT know is that there is a loophole that lets them claim they only use US meat. Burger King, for example, has been claiming all it's beef is domestic beef. When the meat arrives in the US it is then considered "domestic" cause it's now "US beef". So BK gets away with saying that. They estimate that for every hamburger consumed, approximately 55 square feet of rainforest has been cleared.

Also, both of these companies also grind up the meat/brains/etc of other cattle that have died of sickness or old age & feed them to the rest of the herd. Problems develope (because cows are herbivores for a reason ) and because the incubation period for some diseases takes so long for symptoms to appear, they are often passed on to humans unwittingly.

I dunno if there's anything to be done about this, but I dunno. just passing on the knowlege, maybe someone else will have an idea.

...nf

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I heard KFC gives a margin of its profits to the Ku Klux Klan

I also heard the Ku Klux Klan is affiliated with the NRA.

Anyway I don't liek KFC nayway so it's not hard to avoid it.

But I love Mc Donalds... why oh why did they have to be a cartel of badness? *is resigned to her love affair with cheeseburgers*

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do Some Good Today

ooh! Hey guys I've been enlightened with some wonderful news. At least assuming it's true, it's wonderful.

Some people at work were telling me that kosher meat is not only prepared more carefully than "regular" meat, but the cattle & fowl itself is fed more carefully.

Apparently, it goes along with the whole jewish food beliefs, which, I am learning, is rather complicated. But anyway, I am told that all cattle & fowl are fed grains & veggies only, never any meat-products. Not only is this much more humane for the animals, but it means when they become meat themselves, they have a much lower fat content. AND just to cap it off, they are killed much more humanely, again, for religious purposes.

So, I for one am off to find myself a nice kosher deli to buy all my meat products from now on

...nf

Blog Entries

oooh, sounds good! i will also have to seek out kosher meat.

what you must also get, NF (and everybody) is kosher salt. Those crazy jews are onto something! kosher salt is flakier than normal table salt, and thusly it dissloves faster and more efficiently, so, when put on meat, what happens is the salt traps all the water in the meat, and then when you cook the meat, you get sweet, delicious, tender juicy meat that tastes perfect, and not too salty (even if you put about a teaspoon of kosher salt on each side... honest, it doesn't make it taste really salty, it just makes it taste downright good).

i do't know if the salt is treated more ethically or given better food but i do know that for meat, nothing is better. NOTHING. seriously, throw away all that crap barbeque sauce, and kosher your meat. it makes steak (and chicken, and pretty much all meat) taste delicious without barbeque sauce or steak sauce... those are just going to moisten your overcooked meat, really, and cover up the taste of the meat.

*looks up*

oh sorry... got kosher-salt ranty... i do that sometimes
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Blog Entries

>bump<

...nf

Blog Entries

~flexes admin powers~ aHA!!!
    ok hope noone minds me making this sticky but sometimes I forget about it and I do try to click the links as often as possible.

anyway, I had a thought today. Sometimes people call your house and want you to take a survey. I think these surveys are terribly important. It is my opinion that people are so influenced by what other people think, these surveys are much more important than we give them credit for. Perhaps not really well-read or informed people are suseptible, such as many of the people who frequent this site, (not flattery, I just know that a lot of you people are really up on politics & stuff), but your run of the mill average-joe.

For example, the upcoming election has the media in a frenzy, and they're posting all these polls explaining Candidate A pulling in 53% of the prospective votes, while opposing Candidates B, C & D are pulling in 21%, 12%, and 11%. Average Joe favors candidate B, but succumbs to the running assumption that his vote will be wasted because Candidate A is so far ahead, plus, he is working late and really wants to meet his friends after work and would be running REALLY late if he stopped to vote.

OR maybe your opinion in the TV survey will help determine whether to keep Alias or Angel or My So-Called Life ~gets teary~ or Freaks & Geeks ~weeps openly~ is to be cancelled next season. If you dont take the time to answer these surveys honestly, WHO WILL???

Please participate in your neighborhood surveys, dont blow them off. It is an important contribution.
    Last edited by night faerie; October 21st, 2003 at 21:53.

...nf

no way. the better they know us, the better they can control us. all the bigger to eat you with my dear *twitches*

seriously. i do not like polls. it's not the time factor it's the intrusive nature of them. if i want people to know about me i'll become friends with them or walk around with a megaphone announcing my views to the world (not much different from starting a band. hehe)