Thread: Drawings & more, by 77

OMG!!!!.......i'm so cute Abraxas77's Avatar

Default Drawings & more, by 77

He is my first portrait done in prisma (colored pencil). Its stilll not quite complete, I obviously need to finish the hair and body. Besides that and a few spots where I need to work on her flesh tone, its complete. On and I still need to do her clothes.

This is my niece, Emily.

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FREE YOUR TOES!!!

Default Re: Drawings & more, by 77

Cute. What other mediums do you use?
    rise

Aww, she's a cutie.

Prisma pencils are awesome! Too bad they're so expensive...

~sticks to charcoal and pencil~
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

Pictures!
    Blog!

Oh, thankyou...

...about expensive pencils...I have four words, Pell Grant & Reseller's Discount (get's 50-60% off at Texas Art Supply--and yes, that was a blatant advertisement )
    FREE YOUR TOES!!!

Okay so how much for the 72, 96, and 120? ~interested~

edit: Actually, I just checked ebay and I doubt anyone could beat those prices...
    Last edited by Jennifer; November 2nd, 2004 at 22:39.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

Pictures!
    Blog!

Jenn: I'll pm you a quote (it'll be at cost, i'm not going to try and exploit fellow quillers, and bare in mind I have to have a large order to get stuff b/c its a corporate account--hint, hint, anyone else need art supplies? --maybe I shoud start a thread?)
    ---------

I'm working on a project for my imaging class. We have to present an "unique opinion" of one of three historical events (make a poster--propaganda style). I chose the atomic bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki. My idea is to have text formated in the shape of "little boy", the one that fell on hiroshima, where the text is also a collage of images from the destruction and other certain images in certain words to convey extra meaning, all on a background of lines that very vaguely resembles a womb.

I"m a long ways from finishing, but I'll post the text I'm using....I'm still debating some of the words....I'm actually trying to make it so that some words are capitalized, and those words say the same thing in far fewer words. But without further ado...

Dawn, August 6th, 1945, a mother, respected by many, birthed a son to this world. Conceived on a tropical island, by the concept of revenge and the notion of terror, Atom was nothing but evil. Upon his first breath he released a wail and murdered his father. That cry resounded through the city of Hiroshima, and 100,000 lives vanished from our world. He tortured his mother, slow and methodically, piece by piece. In his old age, he lives now in hiding. He lives with his mother and her cousins 3rd removed. His terror yet remains in the hearts of many world-wide. Let us vanquish that terror now and for all time. Let us join together in the fight to remove all nuclear weapons.
    you see in bold where I started working it to made the bold words summarize the thing, but the rest needs some work.
    FREE YOUR TOES!!!

My latest creation, in charcoal & conte. I'm calling it (for the moment, "Waiting".

...just, umm, nobody tell the people from Chico that I borrowed their model (and photographer).
    FREE YOUR TOES!!!

Nice freakin' Shading!
    rise

This is my latest "Godess" image. This is my second such creation. I enjoy doing them; they carry a message (which is more than I can say about my portraits--they're fun as well, but I enjoy this more). I'm thinking about creating a series of this sort of thing.

Anyways, for those fellow artists...I created it in photoshope with some help from Poser and a couple hubble photos. You gotta love Hubble images. The Godess image is composed of three layers, one (the base image) reveals her skin tones; another is the same image, but a cut-out from a hubble photo and laid on top the base image with a "pin-light" blend; the third is the earth image "multiplied" on her belly. The background is another Hubble photo, collaged to fill the entire background, and I applied a "splatter paint" filter and an "unsharpen mask" on it.

I want to tell you a bit about it (what it means), but I think its better see it first so you get your own interpretation first. So, I'll just hide this next bit. Here you see the Godess, reclining in the cosmos, but her expression is one of worry. She's pregnat with Earth (that bit is kinda hard to see--I'm drawing this in Prisma pencils, so I plan to emphasize that part more in that version). If you notice left hand is gesturing for help, and her gaze is direct right at you. The messege I convey here is that, though several billion years old, our planet is still in its infancy. The Godess is worried for her child, and calls for our aide.
    FREE YOUR TOES!!!

oops, it'd help to post the image, eh?
    FREE YOUR TOES!!!

WOW nice freakin' work!
    rise

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas77
    oops, it'd help to post the image, eh?
    What an amazing picture!

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow. you never cease to amaze me, man. You did this with photoshop??? crazy.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf