Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Upcoming movies (trailers and such)

The Espada 1st High House Dusk Apoc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Upcoming movies (trailers and such)

So I mentioned well over a year ago that the one movie everyone should watch out for is James Camerons Avatar as i strongly believed it'd change cinema forever, last time i had this inkling was with an unheard of film at the time called the matrix and we all know how that one turned out, so i think my sense on these matters is fairly good anyways, the trailer was released awhile ago for it and it looks very computer gamey but i've seen the technology used and know that on a 3d capable screen this film will blow you away...now and here's the thing, alot of folk seem to be thinking that this 3d is somewhat like beowulf in that you wear glasses and some images come out of the screen at you, this is not the 3d tech thats being used for avatar...in this its about depth rather than stuff coming out at you...and you'll only get it when watched on one of the special screens...anyways...a friend of mine got to see ten mins of it on a proper screen and she was amazed and coming from someone not easily impressed, its given me new hope coz i gotta admit after seeing the trailer i was fairly dissapointed.

The other major flick i was looking forward to is the Last Airbender and its trailer, which has been out for awhile, looks very good, though, if you're a fan of the show you gotta be worried by some of the casting for this flick, especially Iroh.

Anyways, other upcoming flicks...anyone think hollywood is trying to tell us something with all these apocalyptic flicks coming out, there are fckn tons of them, my pick though is The Book of Eli with Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman, flick looks damn good, very mad max meets fallout heh another one i think may be pretty good is The Road with Viggo Mortensen.

Other flicks with new trailers that have caught my attention...well there is the Nightmare on Elm Street remake with rorsarch as krueger and it looks like they've gone for full horror rather than the previous flicks staple of mixing the horror with baaaaad comedy heh i think it looks like it could be pretty decent, def the best out of all these horror remakes, friday the 13th, halloween and texas chainsaw massacre have all disappointed majorly for me.

Two other flicks that have engaged me well with their trailers have been Paranormal Activity and The Fourth Kind....they look pretty spooky and good.

Oh and in response to the mention of Clash of the Titans earlier, i reckon that flick will be badass, i mean seriously the released image of Sam Worthington as Perseus looked fckn awesome! I'm not a big fan of Louis Leterriers previous work though but i think this will be too difficult to fck up.

The Last Airbender
    Book of Eli
    Nightmare on Elm St Remake
    Paranormal Activity
    The Fourth Kind
    "The world is made of words, and if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish."
    -Sinn

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i am looking forward to this.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries

Clash of the Titans teaser is up, i think it looks cool and fun...I absolutely loved the original and already from the trailer i can see they've got alot of the mains cool bits

Prince of Persia trailer came out a few days ago too but looks mightily dissapointing...i mean i think it has the look but not the feel...i can't see it being anywhere as succesful as Pirates was and well...it reminds me of another movie...Scorpion King...heh and wee all now how well that did...meh
    "The world is made of words, and if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish."
    -Sinn

Quick! To the Volcano! High House Moon Eyreplenh's Avatar
    Here, there, there's pieces of me everywhere
    Blog Entries

"Will you face the fury of his armies -alone?"
    "..." "..." "YES!"

Haha, cheesy moment numero uno
    High Marshal of Decadence

And all I loved, I loved alone

Quick! To the Volcano! High House Moon Eyreplenh's Avatar
    Here, there, there's pieces of me everywhere
    Blog Entries

I went to the movies last night. The third and final adaption of Stieg Larssons books was straightforward enought to be summed up with a "meh", but I saw two interesting trailers.

Sherlock Holmes... I'm thinking -no, god, please no. I just cannot for the life of me see how this can be a good movie, although nothing would please me more.
    High Marshal of Decadence

And all I loved, I loved alone

Blog Entries

Some flicks to look forward to that you may not have heard about...

Super 8.
    Spielberg and JJ Abrams do horror sci fi, with area 51 alien escape. At least that's the impression i got from the trailer, heh could be a new E.T and follow some kiddies meeting up with a friendly escaped alien and aiding in it getting home. trailer -

Restrepo
    National Geographic doc following a platoon based on a firebase outpost in afghanistan.

Inception
    Chris Nolan and Leo DiCaprio go mind theaving in what looks an absolutely amazing headfck of a film. Great support cast also with Michael Caine, Ellen Paige and the always awesome Jason Gordon Levett.

heh and another Dark City-esque flick is also coming out in the form of...

The Adjustment Bureau
    Matt Damon...but i think i'm interested coz the trailer is using the amazing music from Sunshine heh

and obviously...
    The Last Airbender
    big fan of the cartoon and shyamalan actually looks like he's being pretty faithful to the storyline, though looks like he's made a few casting mistakes...but yay new trailer has Appa! But yeah, this for me is the one i'm looking forward too most...but thats coz i'm already a fan of the show.
    -Sinn

Are You FRAKKING Kidding Me!?!?!?!?

rise

Blog Entries

lol yeah i watched that last night and wrote a massive review on another forum...i'll copy it over to here later. But yeah, fck'n cool but ahhhhh no!
    -Sinn

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL I came here to post the mortal combat video! Jediwan beat me... looks good fun I love the fight with Johnny Cage! too bad didn't get to see Jeri ryan fighting.

Sometimes I think I go to the cinemas more to see the trailers than the film I paid for.

Am seeing A-Team tomorrow. Friend's choice. Not sure I'm really into it. Last one she chose was Clash of the Titans which was colossally crap. Fingers crossed this time will be different.
    Mistress of The Order of Whatever

The limits of my language are the limits of my world - Wittgenstein

Blog Entries

~Spins and cartwheels and karate chops, oh my!~

There's a 'Scream 4!' SCREAM 4! DB, although excited, thinks I'm overreacting just a bit. But, it's the very first scarey movie I ever watched! And from Scream there was Children of the Corn and The Omen and Halloween and Poltergiest and Friday the 13th! Sure...Scream isn't half as scarey as any of those (Well, The Omen really isn't that scarey). But...STILL!

SCREAM FOUR!!!! (<~four exclaimation points)
    A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Oh. About that...

Blog Entries

Scream 4 doesn't hit me as much as FUBAR 2.

Which leads me to question: have people outside of Canada actually seen FUBAR? It was a huge hit here, but I have no idea how widespread it's influence is. (FUBAR is a mockumentary about a couple of jack-ass guys on a mission to find happiness when one is diagnosed with cancer. It's hilarious.)
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Blog Entries

Early contender for best film of next year - Sucker Punch!
    -Sinn