View Poll Results: Which option do you like the most on polls?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer selecting the second option.

1 11.11%
  • I always opt for the first selection.

2 22.22%
  • I don't participate in polls.

6 66.67%
Page 460 of 612 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 9166

Thread: Random Stuff & Nonsense

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Random Stuff & Nonsense

lol yes I agree with EP. Please relax and get well soon Anita and don't worry one bit about work.

more to the point, when you stay home and take care of yourself at the first sign of real sickness, you'll recover sooner and not end up missing more work later on because you pushed yourself too hard. A friend of ours went into work recently when she had a head cold, and because she did, she ended up missing a lot of work because she got pneumonia. and she got several co workers sick with that head cold too. best just to stay home for a day or so. drink some tea and get some rest.
    May you have warm words on a cold evening,
    A full moon on a dark night,
    And the road downhill all the way to your door.

engaged to Waffles

Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a head cold and I still have it, right now its just congestion and a stuffed up nose and I couldnt take time off from work because we were short staffed. Today though my Manager and Supervisor were very nosy about my cold and asking tons of questions and suggestions on what to take and then accused me of getting a coworker sick......do NOT accuse me of that since I couldnt take the time off work!!!! I would have. I would rather lie in bed being miserable than attempting to do things while being miserable. Taking musinex, seems to be helping.
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

aw. that's pretty lame, Amelia. hope you feel better soon.

I'm getting so much reading done during my resting on the couch. I'm almost done with the most recent WoT book. Its so good. I can't put it down. I just wish there was a way to read it with my eyes closed for when my headache gets to be too much and I need to put the book down.

engaged to Waffles

Awww. Chicken Soup Thoughts to all of you.
    Happiness is the consequence of personal effort.
    You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings.

Life is beautiful. And so It is.

I'm feeling much better today (not jinxing it) but I think that is my problem when I'm sick. I have trouble just laying around and so I'll start to push myself too hard too soon. I'm trying really hard not to do that today.

engaged to Waffles

Blog Entries

haha, see, that's why I took the time off, I didn't want people accusing me of getting them sick. So I showed up yesterday and today, feeling mostly better, but still super sneezy and coughy, and the owner of my company said hi to me, and when I said hi back, he was like "ah!" and ran away. My voice sounds *awful*. People keep telling me to "get better", and I'm all like "this IS better". Then they get scared. I think I coughed up 50% less phlegm this morning! That's better, right?

Idiotic sinus colds that trickle down into the throat. Not a fan. At all.

Of course, I come back to work and spend probably 75% of my day not really working at all. Because there's not much to do.
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Blog Entries

I would have stayed at home but we were short staffed so I couldnt. It just annoyed me that I was accused of it when I didnt have a choice in the matter. Anyway, I didnt make her sick. Im better but still all congested and phlemgy.
    Smartmouth Goddess!

Saw Bob Geldof perform a few months back and he lauded us for proving for three years in a row that a country doesn't really need a government.
    It seems we'll be proving that for a couple more months at the very least. The last elections were held in june and they still can't get things to work. And the governments before that were crippled ever since 2007.

This probably won't help.

I'm not really annoyed by the lack of government, but more by the fact that I'm paying for this crap.

Maybe I should write a nice letter to the king, telling him about my idea to stop paying all politicians if a government isn't made within a month after the elections. Maybe that'd motivate them to "see some solutions".

Now I'm going to enjoy QI and a beer
    "When I think I might die without seeing a hundredth of all there is to see it makes me feel," he paused, then added, "well, humble, I suppose."
    " And very angry, of course."

Blog Entries

Oh man. I was so very, very sneezy this morning. I couldn't stop sneezing. And my nose was like a faucet that someone didn't turn off all the way. Then I ran to the drug store and bought some Drixoral, and I have been able to breathe, and not sneeze, and barely blow my nose at all, and been like, really energetic, and kinda hyper, and only drowsy for a little while, but that was when I was sitting alone in a dark room watching a movie I've already seen a dozen times, so that's just natural.

Gotta say, I'm loving this stuff, whatever it is. It's probably going to give me a seizure or heart failure, but damn! It's awesome! Plus it doesn't have any of the tylenol or ibuprofen fillers (I'm not in pain, I'm sneezy! why would I need painkillers?)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Blog Entries

YAY for being to breath and possible heart attack or seizure!!!!
    Smartmouth Goddess!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Blake View Post
    I was sitting alone in a dark room watching a movie I've already seen a dozen times
    You know, I just read that sentence again and realized that it just comes off so emo, like "my whole life is a dark room. One big dark room." As though I spend all my free time sitting alone in dark, windowless rooms, watching the same movie over and over again.

I'd just like to point out, I don't do that in my free time, I do that in my paid time, thank you very much. I'm not sure how I get paid to be sitting alone in a dark room watching the same movie endlessly, but when you put it that way, it does sound sort of like a punishment, like the gods ran out of endlessly re-growing livers and eagles to come eat them out, so they modernized and were just like "you are sentenced to watch the same shitty SyFy movie over and over again, until the end of time! Alone! In a dark room!" But then the labour boards got involved, so they cut it down to 40 hours a week, and they have to fairly compensate me for my time.

carry on...

You know, I just read that sentence again and realized that it just comes off so emo, like "my whole life is a dark room. One big dark room." As though I spend all my free time sitting alone in dark, windowless rooms, watching the same movie over and over again.
    Actually, I read it more in a film noir kind of way.

I was actually expecting something like "..when, out of all the film joints in the world, she had to walk into mine" with some light jazz playing in the background.

But yay for fair compensation though

I got my bonus yesterday... and a piece of pie, which was nice.
    "When I think I might die without seeing a hundredth of all there is to see it makes me feel," he paused, then added, "well, humble, I suppose."
    " And very angry, of course."

oh!!! This made me laugh and twitter. I love the self analysis of a casually thrown in line. <3
    Happiness is the consequence of personal effort.
    You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings.

Life is beautiful. And so It is.

High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar

Perhaps we can have a competition. See who can 'emo up" their job description the most?
    (I told you it was a mistake to let me have a signature.)