View Poll Results: Which option do you like the most on polls?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer selecting the second option.

3 20.00%
  • I always opt for the first selection.

2 13.33%
  • I don't participate in polls.

10 66.67%
Page 537 of 638 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 9567

Thread: Random Stuff & Nonsense

Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Random Stuff & Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Heh! Yeah it was Amaia. I have a Skyrim character named Amaia, hehe.

I moved to GA about a year and half ago with the hubby to be closer to his grandparents and sister and our niece. I don't know how long we'll be here as neither of us really like it, but at least until I'm done with paramedic school which will be about this time next year. Hopefully then we can continue our exodus to WA state!
    I think we talked about this before but where in WA state? Can my state handle two Rebelious Witch Whores residing in it?
    Last edited by Amelia; February 24th, 2013 at 17:41. Reason: misspelled words
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

Quick! To the Volcano! High House Moon Eyreplenh's Avatar
    Here, there, there's pieces of me everywhere
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arawis View Post
    PS: Here's a funny picture
    Haha, New Zealand corporation
    High Marshal of Decadence

And all I loved, I loved alone

Blog Entries

hehe! That's the best thing ever. Everyone on facebook is posting it but it's a less funny and more annoying version of the cows. I'm going to post THIS one! Thanks Arawis!
    A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Oh. About that...

Amelia, we want to move to the Seattle/Tacoma area. Can't wait for that day to come.

That cow thing has been around forever (at least in internet years)...I remember seeing it when I was in college which was, um, forever ago (in internet years). There have been a few updates for recent times though.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

Pictures!
    Blog!

High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar

The Australian Corporation should read : You have two cows. An exploration company finds coal seam gas in one cow. China buys your other cow. You fall down a mineshaft.
    (I told you it was a mistake to let me have a signature.)

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Curse you, lip balm!
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries

On my set visit, they stuck Kiehls lip balm in my swag bag. That shit is expensive, isn't it? I don't understand why. It doesn't take like anything.

Oh. About that...

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*tries to interpret Aquafizzes post* does that mean tasty lip balm = best lip balm? Because if so, my twelve year old self is definately with you. I can only assume archely's lip balm was totally tasteless.

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I generally use burt's bees lip balm, which has a peppermint flavor. I just hate lip balm because it seems like once you use it, you can't stop using it, and I have been sucked in.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick! To the Volcano! High House Moon Eyreplenh's Avatar
    Here, there, there's pieces of me everywhere
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir archely View Post
    I just hate lip balm because it seems like once you use it, you can't stop using it, and I have been sucked in.
    I saw the first part of your post on the front page, and came in here basically to say what you did in the last part. Only difference; I am still free from the heroin-like pull of the lip balm
    High Marshal of Decadence

And all I loved, I loved alone

Blog Entries

Clearly you need to try lipsmackers, Eyre, and then you,too, will be addicted. (Though, Burt's Bees is also awesome.)

And, that's exactly what I was saying, Wendy-Fu!

Oh. About that...

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL Wendy-Fu, for some reason I really like that.

Husband and I are planning to buy an aprtment due to the whole growing up and having a baby thing. I can't lie, his parents are helping us out tremendously with the deposit. It's all because of Harriet and how they want her close by... Anyway, while its very exciting, its also rather stressful too, this grown up stuff is terribly burdensome. Even with the parental help we are taking on a mortgage a bit bigger than I wanted to, and they keep pressuring us to go even bigger too, saying things like "Oh for just $X more you can get this place - I really think you would be much happier with something a bit bigger than what you are looking at". I think they keep forgetting that neither my husband nor me have even half their earning potential - they are a formidable pair of proffessionals. Of course we'd be happier in a bigger place, but not if we are eating noodles every night. Money is funny that way, the more you have, the more you forget what it's like to have less. I've noticed this with myself... it's the "Why don't they eat cake?" phenomena.

Anyway, as long as it doesn't get out of control, I think this is an okay thing, and have come to peace with the decision, as I know Harriet will love her grandparents lots, I already envision her stopping by frequently to use their piano for her lessons (wheee! I want a piano baby!!) and it really is worth something to be near them for her sake; but on the me side, this is all rather odd. I pictured being a carefree renter for the rest of my days, and that such a thing should turn around so quickly is odd. Husband said we agreed to buy a home together before we got married. He is holding me to it! You know I vaguely remember this conversation, and it went something with my husband saying something like "I would like a house one day." and me saying "Oh yeah that would be nice" Umm... I didn't realise he took this as verbal agreement that this is something we would strive for. To me he might as well have been saying "I would like to go to Mars one day." To that I would also have said "Oh yeah, that would be nice" anyway... such is the way of marriage, as I am learning =) although I suspect he knew his parents would swoop in with a wildly generous offer of assistance all along, leaving me stressing about this crazy idea for the past few months when I realised how important he had decided this house buying business was...

Anyway... I have been reading property investment forums, and my goodness, did you know there have been a whole bunch of unscrupulous Aussie investors buying up properties in America for the last few years? Taking advantage of the low prices and strong Aussie dollar and banking on a recovery of the US economy. It's the latest big thing in property investment. Also because credit is cheap here they aren't even doing it with their own money. It's fascinating. I wish I had taken an education in finance instead of bloody science. But I had some high and mighty idea that finance was for greedy corporate fascist types... You know I was probably right, but now, with a precious little daughter to provide for, not to mention the discovery of how much ballet classes cost, the idea of being a greedy coroporate fascist doesn't seem so bad. =)

edit: gee that was a long post, are we even allowed to make posts that long in random stuff and nonsense? It seems like too much somehow... is there a rule? I can't remember the rules... *wanders off muttering to self*
    Last edited by dark fuschia; March 7th, 2013 at 22:09.

"You should see what I see" Malcor Sylverwood's Avatar

Rule breaker, soulsltealer!
    I aint' afraid of you!
    Rule breaker, soulstealer!
    Black belt of Wendy-Fu!

~guitar solo~

-Malcor "Headbanger" Sylverwood
    Knight-errant of Carealot
    Soulstealer's old (and reigning) archnemesis
    ~has a Star at the center of his universe~
    The Hermit in the Tower
    The Fool's mostly stable sidekick

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OMG dance classes are absurdly expensive! Gwen loves to dance, and has an actual talent for it too. She can see a dancer on TV & imitate them. When she was two and doing this I was like holy smokes I need to get her in classes. I did, it cost $450 for 10 months of weekly classes, plus leotards & tights & shoes, $60 for the costume for her recital (I didn't even realize there was going to be a recital when I signed her up), $25 for hair & makeup, $40 for each video, $35 for pictures and $15 per ticket for the recital. In the end it easily comes to $600-$700. Uncle Apoc came through & paid for the lessons for two years.

This year we put her in soccer, $180 and $50 in equipment. Next year we're thinking Karate. Aside from the money, I didn't want to pigeonhole her to where she didn't know anything but dance. She tells people even today (8 months or so after she stopped dance classes) how all the other girls get to dance but "they won't let me dance".

And don't worry, Wendy-Fu, even if you buy a house, you can always sell & move. Or rent it out.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Blog Entries

Karate is amazing for kids! It teaches them such discipline and respect.

Also, It's because I still feel like you're Wendy and not DF. That was my compromise for the night. I think it will have to stick around now, though.

Oh. About that...