View Poll Results: Which option do you like the most on polls?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer selecting the second option.

1 11.11%
  • I always opt for the first selection.

2 22.22%
  • I don't participate in polls.

6 66.67%
Page 550 of 612 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 9166

Thread: Random Stuff & Nonsense

Default Re: Random Stuff & Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by night faerie View Post
    I feel like I'm extremely socially awkward and damaged. I don't like most people, I don't trust practically anyone. I make friends easily, but after a while I rub people the wrong way. I'm too opinionated, I don't have good vocal control & people think I'm throwing attitude when I don't mean to, I am a know it all and I'm very critical of like, everything.

I'm ever and always grateful for The Quill and all her inhabitants. You guys are home. You get me. Thank you.
    I feel exactly the same way. Tonight was a night that really exemplified this to me, and I was coming here (the quill) thinking / preparing to say much the same thing. This makes me extra glad because I'm not the only one. I feel like, as I get older, I am losing that ability to connect (or even to want to make attempts to connect) with new and different types of people. Some days are better than others in this regard.
    May you have warm words on a cold evening,
    A full moon on a dark night,
    And the road downhill all the way to your door.

engaged to Waffles

You guys are home. You get me. Thank you.
    Always a pleasure.

I think life is a series of journeys, it's always reassuring knowing that the quill is that inn that is always worth revisiting.

*tips hat*
    I wanna be like a goose and fly to new orleans for the winter and to canada for the summer.

Gaidin to Amelia. She is the bomb. And the keeper of satan's nose. Acually, all I have now is her right nostril...

Blog Entries

Hey, I also have an opinion! Somewhere... On something...
    I'm only flesh and blood
    But I can be anything that you demand

Blog Entries

yesterday I woke up alert and ready, went to the gym, had a productive day of tv-watching and weaving. Today... not so much, I think. My brain feels like mush. Meh, you win some, you lose some.
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

How quaint, mine was the reverse. Today I've gotten so much stuff done and it's only 2 pm. Yesterday I did practically nothing.

I've started drinking coffee on a regular basis, and am now as alert and functional throughout my day as I was 10 years ago.
    Still not used to balancing my caffeine intake. While I don't jitter and rattle anymore, I need to be careful how late in the day I sip my mug on my desk. Some nights I can't fall asleep until 3 am, which leads to *MORE* coffee the next day.

Such an evil, and vicious cycle. I love it
    I wanna be like a goose and fly to new orleans for the winter and to canada for the summer.

Gaidin to Amelia. She is the bomb. And the keeper of satan's nose. Acually, all I have now is her right nostril...

Blog Entries

I'm always curious when people are like "Oh, I gave up coffee." Uh, WHY?! Crazy fools. It's delicious and it makes the morning not suck.

Of course, when you forget one day to have your coffee and then have an agonizing migraine, it kinda sucks, but that's just why you don't forget to drink your coffee! (I have a serious 1 cup a day habit. If I do not have my 1 cup, bad things happen.)

Yeah I was scolded to not take up coffee by ex-coffee drinkers. I don't get it, does the addiction and migraine stuff come with years? Cause so far it hasn't been horrible.

I'm too opinionated, I don't have good vocal control & people think I'm throwing attitude when I don't mean to, I am a know it all and I'm very critical of like, everything.
    Totally agree, these aren't bad things at all.

As far as coffee goes; I stick exclusively to tea. Rule Britannia!
    Sheriff SotS
    Gaidin to Amelia. My sword is her shield.

Knowledge is Power - Power corrupts
    Study hard and become Evil

Blog Entries

It was several years before I started noticing a correlation between skipping my daily coffee and eventually later in the day getting a pounding headache. But again, I only drink 1 cup a day (usually). My mom does 4 or 5 I think, and she suffers from migraines much worse than mine, so when she skips her coffee, it really brutalizes her.

I think it takes time for your body to develop the physical addiction and consequent withdrawal symptoms. But frankly, in my opinion, the withdrawal symptoms are a) not that bad, and b)you get over them pretty quick if you just quite cold turkey, like 2 or 3 days. Not a major concern in my life. I suppose if I were drinking a pot of coffee a day, it might be more of a thing, but that's just silly. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Blog Entries

Addiction Humbug.... That's just nature's way of telling you coffee is good. Without it everything sucks and starts to hurt, so listen to mother nature, drink coffee!
    I'm only flesh and blood
    But I can be anything that you demand

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anita, Anita, when was the last time you truly detoxed? It is hell. Hell, hell, hell. Far worse than quitting smoking, in my experience. I quit caffeine when trying to conceive, and I stayed clean for about 4years. The headaches are bad but combine them with an unimaginable unshakable fatigue & kind of medicine-headedness, it's awful. And I was not a 5 cup a day drinker. Okay maybe a 2-3 cup a day drinker. But yeah, it sucked.

That said, and altho I'm now way off the wagon (shortly after baby boy came along I found I could no longer function on my own), I keep now to only 2/3 of a cup a day. If I go over one cup a day for 3 days or more it ceases keeping me sufficiently alert for some reason.

I was much happier & felt much better physically when I was caffeine-free. And I cannot express enough how wonderful it was when I was not drinking coffee that when I really needed an assist, after a particularly late night or whatever, that one shot, yes, I was doing shots of coffee in shot glasses, was enough to give me turbo boost! And you know, nobody seems to know this, but when you're NOT a coffee drinker, when you wake up in the morning, after like the initial 60-90 seconds of grogginess, you're like AWAKE! Alert & everything. It really did feel good. I kind of miss it. But I need my morning coffee now. And I doubt I'll ever detox again, it's just too brutal.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

I did the same thing with Red Bull while at Uni... Only on finals and half-term testing weeks, nothing between; it felt like I was super-powered.
    Sheriff SotS
    Gaidin to Amelia. My sword is her shield.

Knowledge is Power - Power corrupts
    Study hard and become Evil

Blog Entries

new studies suggest that coffee is highly beneficial to memory. Which is good enough for me. Too much is bad, but find your correct dosage, and life is swell.

I never got round to drinking coffee. And I figure that I would remember if I had
    "When I think I might die without seeing a hundredth of all there is to see it makes me feel," he paused, then added, "well, humble, I suppose."
    " And very angry, of course."