View Poll Results: Which option do you like the most on polls?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer selecting the second option.

1 11.11%
  • I always opt for the first selection.

2 22.22%
  • I don't participate in polls.

6 66.67%
Page 559 of 611 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 9156

Thread: Random Stuff & Nonsense

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Random Stuff & Nonsense

Arch that is so incredibly awesome that you are finding your job rewarding. It sounds terrible there with even established teachers in fear of losing their jobs. It's simply outrageous! I think it's not so bad here, although it takes quite a few years for most people to find a secure job in their field, I think once they are in, they are in. Plus there are also certain areas that are extremely competitive to find work in (English, History, Art... basically all the fun stuff), but apparently science and math teachers are the exception and can usually find work (although a bit less so more recently due to economic downturns... as a reasonably large proportion of people who were made redundant during the GFC went off and studied to be a teacher). Also I would be willing to work in a rural area which also makes you more employable. I would love to work in a country town somewhere. Which apparently a large proportion of teachers don't want to do.

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fuschia, I could totally see you teaching in a little country town! I have in recent years come to the realization that I totally should have become an elementary teacher. What I wouldn't give to have the same hours / days off as my kids. (no idea what to do with them once they're in school & I'm back to work). Sadly, back in the day when I could have pursued a teaching degree, I had no idea I liked kids. Oh, well.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Quick! To the Volcano! High House Moon Eyreplenh's Avatar
    Here, there, there's pieces of me everywhere
    Blog Entries

Umm, hello?

Also, you teachers/thinking about becoming teachers people: come hither! Right now we got last years high school dropouts being hired as substitute high school teachers over here...
    High Marshal of Decadence

And all I loved, I loved alone

Blog Entries

omg I'd love to live in Norway so much! It's pretty much the most beautiful country on earth. *remembers visit fondly* but still, like nf I think I left it too late to become a teacher now, I had my chance.

And NF I know! For me, when Harriet goes to school, I am imagining/hoping that her grandparents will pick her up after school on my work days (she adores them) and that I'll still be lucky enough to have a part time job only 3 days a week (or BP will... or the dream, both of us working a 4 day week offset with each-other). But who knows what will eventuate. I really hate the idea of her going to after school care 5 days a week but it may have to be done.

My other dream is working the six hour day 5 days a week, in the local area, I may be able to convince someone to let me do this...

Blog Entries

Nah, it's never too late to change. It's just more difficult.

My cousin was a teacher - she went to university fresh out of high school, got a teaching degree, and was teaching junior high students by the time she was 23. She hated it. Parents were constantly after her to change their kids grades, kids were disrespectful - though I think she mainly cited the parents as being the reason she quit and went back to school to become a lawyer. Though it was probably not a good idea to put a young, gorgeous girl in charge of teenagers. Her younger sister is teaching now in a school that's mainly for aboriginal students - children who typically tend to have a lot of problems socially, economically, emotionally - a very troubled group of kids to be broadly generalistic. She loves it. She comes from an affluent middle class family, but she's found the challenges of dealing with (and educating!) one of the most marginalized segments of our society to be very rewarding. So, I guess it really depends on your outlook!
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Life in Technicolor High House Chaos Jonboy's Avatar

DF you have to watch the trailer with sound!!!! i just got some new headphones and wow the sound is friggin awesome. im kinda sad everyone has awesome jobs except me. makes me sad. at anyrate, ill maybe get promoted and stuff..... oh and i can go to the NIB convention if i want..... i totally got to go to CES a few weeks ago.....

i totally just realized im sad for other reasons and grats on the swesome jobs

Blog Entries

Cheer up Jon, I totally HATE my job It's a contract, so thank goodness, no going back after June. Although, I should be careful not to jinx myself and never say never I've really been lucky to get it, but I pray I can find something different eventually.

What is NIB and CES? Am I missing something?

Today I took Harriet in to work because I had to pick a couple of things up (so I can work all weekend, yay!).

Anyway, suddenly she let go of my hand and ran down the hall, right past everyone's desks shouting joyously at the top of her lungs "FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!, FUCK!!!"

Her timing astonishes me. I've never seen her do anything like this, and she chooses that moment...

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Silly people. I'm pretty sure the most important lesson you are supposed to learn in school is that it's never too late to learn.

Also, wendy wins best story of the week award!
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries

ahaahaaaaa! DF, that's pretty much the best possible thing any kid can do at their parent's workplace. Think of how much joy she brought! Wow. Awesome.
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Life in Technicolor High House Chaos Jonboy's Avatar

The Man On The Moon High House Moon Waffles's Avatar

I am so jealous Jon! I would love to go to CES one day...
    Warder to Epiph
    Engaged to Arianna

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

118th anniversary of PTA ("Founders Day") tomorrow. It's our school's turn to host the event. But because our PTA SUUUCKS it's fallen to myself (recording secretary) and the president (my drinking buddy) to organize the whole thing.... with like NO info. We were told to feed 100 people and get corsages for 25-30. Then two days ago we were told exactly which people need to get corsages and it's 45! Which is a much bigger chunk of our budget than we'd been prepared for. Then we find out there's a whole bunch of people who were invited but not put on our list of invitees, bringing the number of people to be fed to about twice what we'd expected. (We still have no actual number of people to expect). YESTERDAY (two days before event) we were told there's a theme, the president needs to write and present a speech and give an award (we still know nothing about the award, what it's for or who it goes to).

My buddy the pres and I are like WHAT EVA this is a silly event for women who have nothing better to do than give themselves an excuse to get dressed up and celebrate themselves, haha. But whatever. Lets just get it over with. I wrote her a speech and am halfway through making 160 cupcakes. She's pretty much handling everything else. Good times. We're SO going drinking after!

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Blog Entries

wow NF! That is some serious stressful stuff there. I would collapse! Enjoy that drink.

I just gave my talk yesterday, and my supervisor said it wasn't very good. He said I did nothing technically wrong but I didn't sell it well enough.

Today he said he knows I can't help it because it is just my nature not to have the capacity to show enthusiasm for anything, but I still need to try and learn to show some adrenaline/enthusiasm. Because in science you sell or die. He said. Which is true. But I have always lived by the whole thing about being objective in science... lol objective and taciturn people are so unwelcome in science. It's true!!! It's just funny to be told it directly.

NF you should TOTALLY celebrate with a bottle of Scotch. Or Southern Comfort.

And DF D: Pitching is always a horrible stressful thing, and being objective is good. Perhaps imagining the people you are pitching to are in silly hats and underwear will make it seem more entertaining?

Anita! I watched your trailer and it's awesome and terrifying. Awesome because it looks really good, terrifying because airplanes crashing.

*runs about giddily*

It's good to be back!
    "I am on a lonely road and I am traveling
    Looking for the key to set me free"

To the core of my soul a Sapper to the Bridgeburners

my kid could learn something from your kid df! my 2yr old randomly mutters "damit" onder his breath and shaks his head
    woot!!!!!!!!11