View Poll Results: Which option do you like the most on polls?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer selecting the second option.

1 11.11%
  • I always opt for the first selection.

2 22.22%
  • I don't participate in polls.

6 66.67%
Page 573 of 611 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9151

Thread: Random Stuff & Nonsense

Default Re: Random Stuff & Nonsense

Well, I do have a group of 4 that started Pandemic Legacy a few months ago, and we're up to July, I get my co-op kicks from that.

The Legacies seem to be a great style of game, persistent game board with slight rule/area alterations every play through. I can't say a new-ish game that I've played more times than Pandemic Legacy, in fact, I only played Pandemic 2-3 times before that because it was just the same every time. We're through June out of the 12 months, and have played the game 8 times to get there. With 6 more months left there's at least 6, possibly 12 more playthroughs to go.

"You should see what I see" Malcor Sylverwood's Avatar

I can't say I know anything about Pandemic Legacy. Sounds interesting, but if I had a group that could consistently meet, I'd probably be playing D&D. Or the new Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG. Probably D&D though...I've been collecting various physical coins to use as props and I want to give Syrinscape a go as background sounds, music, ambiance. But maybe Star Wars. Probably D&D.

-Malcor "Maybe both" Sylverwood
    Knight-errant of Carealot
    Soulstealer's old (and reigning) archnemesis
    ~has a Star at the center of his universe~
    The Hermit in the Tower
    The Fool's mostly stable sidekick

should i watch a d&d game on youtube? hmmm i think i will
    woot!!!!!!!!11

Blog Entries

It's official. My flights are confirmed and I'm going to Europe! Austria to be precise, for a number of reasons: 1) my little sister's college roommate is from Vienna 2) some of my ancestors came from south eastern Austria, so my mom & sister and I are going on a pilgrimage to see where some great grandparents ran away from over a hundred years ago. It's my first trip to europe, so that's kind of exciting. Though, I can actually think of a bunch of other places I'd like to go... Scotland (also some ancestors from there) and London, and Iceland, and Sweden. But I hear Vienna is pretty awesome, so yay!
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite board game style right now is definitely co-op with a betrayer. Battlestar Galactica, Shadows Over Camelot, Betrayal at House on the Hill. Specter Ops is a little different in that you mostly know the team, but with 5 people you do get a traitor. Even co-op without a betrayer is better for me than all out PvP. Sentinels of the Multiverse is maybe my most played game for sheer co-op fun. A friend of mine backed the Ghostbusters kickstarter for me, but it was shipped to him and since he lives 10 hours away I haven't seen it yet. Honestly, the gameplay looks pretty standard, but I'm really excited to play anyway.

I love Pandemic and would love to try the Legacy version, but it is only four player and we usually have five playing. Four doesn't happen enough to make it worthwhile. I was resistant to the idea of a game with limited plays at first. Risk Legacy still looks pretty meh to me. The co-op aspect of Pandemic sells me on the legacy though. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't want sticky fingers on my game cards though, and I shudder a little at the idea of intentionally destroying game components.

Also, congrats on the trip Anita! Sounds like a great experience.
    Last edited by sir archely; February 23rd, 2016 at 21:20.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like Dead of Winter and Homeland would be decently up your alley.

Went to BGGCon last year, but, didn't get a chance to sit down and try that Ghostbusters game, although I did see people playing it there. I did play one new Co-op game there called Burgle Bros, that was pretty fun, has a few more random elements than others, but I think that enhances the replayability.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir archely View Post
    My favorite board game style right now is definitely co-op with a betrayer. Battlestar Galactica,...
    Battlestar Galactica is the best, unless you have idiot friends who aren't familiar with the series and therefore don't have quite as much fun as everyone else who is vying to be Saul Tigh because we're all the drunkard on this ship. or is that just me? Also, you get to say "that sounds like something a Cylon would do" like, a lot. It's the basic response to everything.
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Blog Entries

Yeah, we also have the "that sounds like something a Cylon would do" pat response. We also frequently jump up, point, and yell, "Cylon!" for no apparent reason. Or all of the apparent reasons.

This is the game that caused me to coin what is now the official motto of our group: "It is difficult to distinguish malice from incompetence." One guy in our group has notoriously bad luck, and basically never wins. Super nice guy, great sport, and loves to play games. But he complained that we often put him in the brig, or thought him to be a Cylon even when he was being honest and trying to help.

Also, Dead of Winter is one I just forgot to mention that we have fun with. I am looking forward to the space-themed crossroads game. I think there is great potential there for some more interesting "crossroads" than what many of the dead of winter ones are, which is basically, "you find someone else. do you save them and bring in another mouth to feed or potential double crosser, or do you let them die like the cold-hearted bastard you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do you think it would be a good idea to create a dumbed down version of D&D for kids? Kids are so pre-programmed to expect their games to play to them that they don't know how to play games anymore. I thought a good set up of role play would give them the kick in the butt to spur imagination play. Not my kids, of course, my kids have TONS of imagination play (because mama is mean and only lets them have two video game days per week) but I can't help thinking my daughter is gonna be a KILLER DM one day.

<edit> I shouldn't say dumbed down, rather, simplified
    Last edited by night faerie; March 3rd, 2016 at 22:53.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

"You should see what I see" Malcor Sylverwood's Avatar

Absolutely! I know there are a few RPG's out there designed for kids, but to be fair, I have zero experience with any of them. The two I can remember people talking about are Hero Kids and Adventures in Oz. Or, you can just wing it. My first real exposure to RPG's where from my cousin. He never brought rules or anything, but we had dice around. He would tell the story, and I would react. If what I wanted to do, he'd have me roll for it...setting the difficulty on his intuition...and if I could think of reasons I'd have a better chance, or creative ideas to use stuff I had, I'd get a bonus. We didn't even have fancy dice, so we just used 3d6.

Let me share an opinion. One that game publishers and the gamist side of me doesn't want you to believe. The rules aren't important. Having some measure of consistency, fairness, and challenge are. But most importantly, tell good stories. If the stories you create together are good, that's what will be remembered. IMHO, of course.

Cheers! Huzzah!

-Malcor "Not Wil Wheaton" Sylverwood
    Knight-errant of Carealot
    Soulstealer's old (and reigning) archnemesis
    ~has a Star at the center of his universe~
    The Hermit in the Tower
    The Fool's mostly stable sidekick

Blog Entries

+1 Malcor.

Absolutely. However, there are definitely some very simplistic systems and games that will give little prompts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

man, im totally not a d&d player. i think i would fight the dm way too much! back to trolling! omg hbos game of throwns is awesome. ect ect. why is it passing up the books. shouldnt erickson write it?
    woot!!!!!!!!11

Or you know, delay the series until the books are written and make a Malazan series in its place!

oh yeah cypher that would be awesome!!! love those books. i would really like to see krupe and fidd and sorry and..... well you know, it would be awesome. (so you see this guy in the corner and this is what he looks like what do u do)
    woot!!!!!!!!11

Blog Entries

~~~~~~~~~~~~~