Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Flu Vaccinations (and others?)

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Flu Vaccinations (and others?)

LOL I think you might be right.

So I have comfermation from the Doctors office that the flue that Kaia and Lane had last week was indeed the H1N1 Virus. The Office said that so far in Michigan there hasn't been any reported cases of the normal seasonal flu yet. This is all h1N1.

Honestly H1N1 doesn't seem as scary to have as the hype makes it out to be. Oh it sucks big time. believe me. The Symptoms are . Fever of up to 106 degrees, Cough, Sore throat, Runny or stuffy nose, Body aches, Headache, Chills, Fatigue, Dizzy spells and Diarrhea or vomiting.

So basically the kids stayed in bed for 5 days each. They were not able to go to school until they were 24hrs fever free without the aid of Fever reducing meds. Both kids were very miserable. The doctor said that its very possible for Adria and I to get it, and I am hoping that this headache I have, runny nose and tightness in my throat doesn't worsen and prove to end up being me having it as well. Not sure how I would take care of the kids if I come down with it. Watching Lane and Kaia I know there is no way I would have the strength to do anything such as even make meals for them.

So far in Michigan we have shut down 192 schools because of this virus. My kids school isn't closed so far. The rule of thumb being used to close the schools is if 20-25% of the school body is out sick with flu symptoms they shut down.

My Doctors told me when Kaia got sick and reminded me again today that when one of the kids has this flu to just give plenty of fluids and bed rest and watch out of symptoms such as breathing troubles, bluish skin color, trouble waking, rash, pain in the chest or abdomen, confusion and severe vomiting. Those are when this H1N1 has turned deadly and the person needs to go immediately to the Hospital skip the doctors office they said.

So I just wanted to add my official observation from my family officially having gotten this virus. It does suck, It is harsher than the normal flu but as long as you don't develop the warning symptoms its not as terrifying as the hype. I still believe that the vaccination if it had been here in time would have helped out a lot. I still think I will get the vaccine when its available if I don't come down with this myself, and Adria will get it too.
    Everything that is or was began with a dream- Lavagirl

Does this Font make my butt look big?

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apparently the bottleneck in vaccine production is chicken eggs. Since its such a luch scale production of vaccine the chickens just can't keep up.

Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

damn lazy chickens. I still havent gotten the flu yet. Im going to a Halloween Party that Sexy Momma's children are throwing. Hopefully there will be no sick children running around sneezing on me.
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

Tick Tock High House Dusk Nachtnoir's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It appears that Pres. Obama has listened to all the "fear mongering" and declared a national emergency in the whole H1N1 matter. So I imagine the vaccine manufacturing problem will prolly disappear.

As to which countries have small pox locked away, there are literally thousands of labs in the world that have it for study. With the right credentials anyone can even order it for scientific study. Thats how that wack-job behind the Anthrax scare was able to get his Anthrax.
    .....and I saw a black shape against the flames. A Man.

"Oh God, who are you, who are you really?"

"I am the Devil.., and I come to do the Devil's work."

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

recvd this in an email. found it informative.

Know the Difference between a Cold and H1N1 Flu Symptoms

Symptom: Fever
    Cold: Fever is rare with a cold.
    H1N1 Flu: Fever is usually present with the flu in up to 80% of all flu cases. A temperature of 100°F or higher for 3 to 4 days is associated with the H1N1 flu.

Symptom: Coughing
    A hacking, productive (mucus- producing) cough is often present with a cold.
    A non-productive (non-mucus producing) cough is usually present with the H1N1 flu (sometimes referred to as dry cough).

Symptom: Aches
    Slight body aches and pains can be part of a cold.
    Severe aches and pains are common with the H1N1 flu.

Symptom: Stuffy Nose
    Stuffy nose is commonly present with a cold and typically resolves spontaneously within a week.
    Stuffy nose is not commonly present with the H1N1 flu.

Symptom: Chills
    Chills are uncommon with a cold.
    60% of people who have the H1N1 flu experience chills.

Symptom: Tiredness
    Tiredness is fairly mild with a cold.
    Tiredness is moderate to severe with the H1N1 flu.

Symptom: Sneezing
    Sneezing is commonly present with a cold.
    Sneezing is not common with the H1N1 flu.

Symptom: Sudden Symptoms
    Cold symptoms tend to develop over a few days.
    The H1N1 flu has a rapid onset within 3-6 hours. The flu hits hard and includes sudden symptoms like high fever, aches and pains.

Symptom: Headache
    A headache is fairly uncommon with a cold.
    A headache is very common with the H1N1 flu, present in 80% of flu cases.

Symptom: Sore Throat
    Sore throat is commonly present with a cold.
    Sore throat is not commonly present with the H1N1 flu.

Symptom: Chest Discomfort
    Chest discomfort is mild to moderate with a cold.
    Chest discomfort is often severe with the H1N1 flu.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2200 people in spokane lined up at the arena to get the H1N1 vaccine. I just realized that Im not worried about it and if I get it, I get it and deal with it like I do when I get sick, lie in bed and drink fluids and watch DVD's.
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

Oh, my. Wow.