Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

  1. #1
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,711
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    And one of those things is the "close the door" button in elevators. The doors close automatically, so why bother. If you can't wait one more second, you shouldn't have waited on the whole damn elevator to arrive in the first place. Take the stairs. It gets worse when the first person to enter the elevator first presses the floor button and then immediately the close button as if there's no one left on the planet.

    So, please, don't make those stupid close buttons anymore. They don't serve a real purpose and in reality only accommodate anti-social behavior.
    I'm only flesh and blood
    But I can be anything that you demand




  2. #2
    major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,476
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Oh I love those buttons! I swear I only use them when there is no one running for the lift. Also I hardly ever use lifts so I love everything about lifts. They are so novel! (We are a country of short buildings mainly)

    Heh I can't think of anything just now that the world should get rid of. Maybe talent shows. Yeah. The world should get rid of shows like idol and x factor. They bring us all down really.

  3. #3
    High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Heart of the Nation
    Posts
    2,302

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And one of those things is the "close the door" button in elevators.
    Leave them alone, anti-social employee hater! I like that button, for several situations.

    Annoying colleague avoidance strategy: This individual fecks about with their security pass, juggling their "triple strength" mocha and chocolate croissant, while I, having finished my short black, am waiting for the lift. Lift arrives, they're on the wrong side of the security barrier. I step in the lift, press the close door button, and voila, I've avoided four floors of retarded dialogue. No awkward moments of holding a lift door for ages for a numpty that hasn't mastered basic co-ordination.

    I suppose I could take the stairs, but since that sets off the fire alarm, I try to avoid it.

    The other situation is to avoid riding the lift with a massive group of people who are going to stop at every fucking floor to the ground. You see the herd of public servants slowly making their way to the lift, press the close door, and hey presto, you're at ground floor without having to overhear a ministerial briefing in the lift doorway every fucking floor. Drink coffee, back to work and no one needs to be stabbed.

    Of course, there is the use of the close door button to crush idiot colleagues in the doors. I don't want to fill in the paper work, so I don't do that.
    (I told you it was a mistake to let me have a signature.)

  4. #4
    Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Spokane Wa
    Posts
    7,642
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    what I dont like about elevators is when the door opens and you are trying to get out but theres a person that has to get in as soon as the doors open. Dude, wait for the people who need to get out, then get it! Dumb@ss.
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

  5. #5
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,711
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dregs View Post
    Annoying colleague avoidance strategy: This individual fecks about with their security pass, juggling their "triple strength" mocha and chocolate croissant, while I, having finished my short black, am waiting for the lift. Lift arrives, they're on the wrong side of the security barrier. I step in the lift, press the close door button, and voila, I've avoided four floors of retarded dialogue. No awkward moments of holding a lift door for ages for a numpty that hasn't mastered basic co-ordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dregs View Post
    The other situation is to avoid riding the lift with a massive group of people who are going to stop at every fucking floor to the ground. You see the herd of public servants slowly making their way to the lift, press the close door, and hey presto, you're at ground floor without having to overhear a ministerial briefing in the lift doorway every fucking floor. Drink coffee, back to work and no one needs to be stabbed.
    Pft! No one forces you into the lift, that's you're own doing. Now you want to extend your selfishness with electronic buttons and accuse wise old men of hatred! See what's becoming of you...
    I'm only flesh and blood
    But I can be anything that you demand




  6. #6
    High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Heart of the Nation
    Posts
    2,302

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Pft! No one forces you into the lift, that's you're own doing. Now you want to extend your selfishness with electronic buttons and accuse wise old men of hatred! See what's becoming of you...
    Bah! Clearly you don't work with the self important doyens of the bureaucratic machinery! Otherwise you'd realise that lowly minions, such as my self, need pacifier buttons on our lifts. It's the only thing stopping the insanity!
    (I told you it was a mistake to let me have a signature.)

  7. #7
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,711
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Humbug! Self proclaimed lowliness is about the height of bureaucratic behavior! You, sir, are a menace to society and you should be thrown into a liftless shaft with a close door button at the bottom.
    I'm only flesh and blood
    But I can be anything that you demand




  8. #8
    King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Near Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    As Dregs and Mike clearly show, what the world needs less of is people.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  9. #9
    The Espada 1st High House Dusk Apoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ny/edinburgh
    Posts
    6,087
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Organized religion.
    Adults with an IQ lower than 100.
    Freemasonry.
    "The world is made of words, and if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish."
    -Sinn

  10. #10
    King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Near Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Free masonry.
    DWA? I love my free bricks.

    Perfect for hucking at those pesky shriners.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  11. #11
    Enchanter Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Farmersville, TX
    Posts
    1,165

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Organized religion.
    Adults with an IQ lower than 100.
    Freemasonry.
    Well, considering that an IQ of 100 is considered average. Eventually there would be 1 adult in the world with a ?billion? kids.
    I consider it nice to have plenty of adults with IQs lower than 100, thank you for not making me have to repair roads, test shark bite suits, you get the drift.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ZkdHImCuQ

  12. #12
    High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Heart of the Nation
    Posts
    2,302

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    you should be thrown into a liftless shaft with a close door button at the bottom.
    A liftless shaft would be a failure of OH&S protocol. I can't believe how irresponsible you've become, Mike. Safety first.

    If an IQ of 100 is considered average, wouldn't removing those below 100 continually shift the average, so you would have to end up killing more and more people? Or is that the idea?
    (I told you it was a mistake to let me have a signature.)

  13. #13
    void Anita Blake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    dreamland
    Posts
    5,314
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dregs View Post
    If an IQ of 100 is considered average, wouldn't removing those below 100 continually shift the average, so you would have to end up killing more and more people? Or is that the idea?
    I like this idea. It's what you call "eco-friendly".

    I think we should get rid of feminism. What's the BS about having to vote, and work, and not wear awesome sexy corsets, but still having pain-inducing uteri and being the only ones to be able to give painful birth? I'm sorry, not really seeing the benefits there. We had the perfect gig -we got compensated for our birth pains by being taken care of and not having to go around "earning a living", and some crazy bitches took it away. Dammit.

    Also, mayonnaise.
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

    I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

  14. #14
    Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Spokane Wa
    Posts
    7,642
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    I cant really think of anything to get rid of except hatred and snuggies.
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

  15. #15
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,711
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Stuff the world should get rid off (asap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Anita Blake View Post
    Also, mayonnaise.
    Nooooooooo!

    Just because you can't wear awesome sexy corsets, you are now destroying everybody's desires?! Next time you're in Holland wear something really undressy and I'll take you out to the nearest McDreck and teach you to eat french fries with mayonnaise and love it.
    I'm only flesh and blood
    But I can be anything that you demand




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •