Thread: Donate

Blog Entries

Default Donate

Due to popular demand, if you feel the need to donate any cash to the Quill, or even if you don't, there's a Donate link on the forum menu above, next to Quick Links. That link will take you to a page with some Paypal options.

If you can spare anything, we'll take anything starting at $2. Anything less wouldn't be very efficient, to be honest. Paypal takes a minimum cut of ... umm... $0.40, including a small percentage.

Whatever you give will be spent solely on the Quill: hosting, domain name, and some license stuff. We burn around $500 per year, which is, in a way, quite a bit. It can be done cheaper, but at other costs. We're running on a healthy American VPS in London that's big enough to provide "unlimited" resources for the Quill. And I like to keep it that way. "Unlimited" is based on the current (lack of) growth stats of the Quill

If you can spare anything, it'll be appreciated. If you can't, no worries. The Quill isn't going to disappear
    I'm only flesh and blood
    But I can be anything that you demand

Default Re: Donate

Once I am gainfully employed again (I'm a jobless hobo right now), I will donate! *cheer4Mike*
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

Pictures!
    Blog!

After such a long time with good memories, I have no trouble at all pitching in.

Glad I could help.
    "When I think I might die without seeing a hundredth of all there is to see it makes me feel," he paused, then added, "well, humble, I suppose."
    " And very angry, of course."

Am I the only person who had problems with the donation? Paypal kept freezing when I opened it (guess my computer is just old). Then when I got it to work it was all in Dutch! I can't blame you, Mike, but I couldn't find the U.S. on the drop down list so I had to ask one of my bosses (who is from the Netherlands) how to say "United States" in Dutch. Quite the hassle, but I guess the Quill is worth it

Note: For anyone else trying this who's having problems, it's "Verinigd Staten." I didn't think to look in the V names...
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You will know exactly who you are, forever, by knowing what it is that you love.

Blog Entries

I didn't have any problems with it working, but, yeah. It was in Dutch for me, too. Once you changed it to the United States/Verinigd Staten, it should change everything to English, though.

It's Mike's fault. And it amused me greatly.
    A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Oh. About that...

Blog Entries

I'm here to amuse greatly. But honestly, I don't understand. When I click to Donate, everything is in English. I'll need to dig into this.

Oh, it's "Verenigde Staten", which literally translates to United States

And a huge Thank You for all the help :welcoming:
    I'm only flesh and blood

Blog Entries

Aw! Don't fix it! It's more of a challenge this way.

Let's weed out the weak!
    A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Oh. About that...

Is donating to keep the Quill running still a thing? The donate button takes me to a list of smileys.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

Pictures!
    Blog!

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dunno. When in doubt, pm Mike. That's what I do.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Blog Entries

What donate button?! Think we had one years ago but it withered away
    I'm only flesh and blood

If the Quill needs some donations, please make a link available -- I'd be happy to contribute
    I wanna be like a goose and fly to new orleans for the winter and to canada for the summer.

Gaidin to Amelia. She is the bomb. And the keeper of satan's nose. Acually, all I have now is her right nostril...