Thread: Who Dies First?

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Who Dies First?

If you could choose, would you rather outlive your loved ones or would you prefer to die first, surrounded by those who love you? Myself, I have always felt pretty isolated as a human and I never thought I'd get married so I always assumed I'd die alone, and have always been comfortable with that idea.

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Blog Entries

Default Re: Who Dies First?

Hmm. Based on my grandmothers' situations, I'd say die first. I have 2 grandmothers (one bio, one step) who survived their husbands. Both of them had a rude awakening when my grandpas passed - they didn't know anything about the banking, they hadn't been aware or in control of any the finances. My one grandma hadn't driven for years and was unable to drive herself after my grandpa died. My other grandma was homeless for a while, depending on my family to be able to live, and now depends on the society for the blind, though she has her own apartment and actually might never have been happier.

I think it really depends on the relationship and the age. I could probably live quite well after the death of my partner, because I'm innately independant. But I'm not sure if I were in my 90s that the same would be true. So... I really don't know. I think it would be lousy to survive your partner's death, but I also don't super want to die first....
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am not married and have no children so I am sure I will die alone and I am ok with that. I am afraid that when I do die, nobody will care or that nobody would know and I would only be discovered because of the smell of my decomposing body coming from my apartment made the neighbors complain and that when they would discover my body, half eaten by my cat.
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I choose outliving my loved ones, because I wouldn't want them to have to deal with life without me.

Okay, I jest, but in all honestly I am under explicit orders from my wife to outlive her. Odds are not exactly in her favor though.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My husband always tells me he will die first, and I always say "Oh good, I really look forward to reading all night with the light on"

High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar

Gah, I come to visit the Quill, and I'm forced to contemplate my own mortality. ~shakes fist~

If I'm forced to live on my own, I'll become the belligerent codger I've always dreamed of.
    (I told you it was a mistake to let me have a signature.)

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

excellent! So if all the Quillers are going to outlive our loved ones, let's just move in together in an old age commune of sorts!

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL good idea!