Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Quilly Quarantine in Coronasville: Life in Interesting Times

Default Re: Quilly Quarantine in Coronasville: Life in Interesting Times

We bought a house, it's a bit outside of San Francisco, but it's got so much more space than a place in SF! House hunting was a nightmare, but we were able to do walkthroughs of every home we wanted to, while wearing masks and shoe-covers
    Sheriff SotS
    Gaidin to Amelia. My sword is her shield.

Knowledge is Power - Power corrupts
    Study hard and become Evil

I read through this thread to catch up and I'm sorry to hear about the troubles everyone has been going through I've been going through ups and downs where everything that is happening with the pandemic and politically in the US really weighs on me (now is an "up"-ish time), but I'm still one of the lucky ones! None of my family has gotten sick, and the friends I know who've caught the virus have all made it through without serious complications.

Like Anita, I also had to postpone my wedding which was supposed to be last spring. We ended up getting married in our living room a few weeks ago with just our parents and siblings, the friend who was officiating, and the photographer. After at first resisting, it was actually fine with me because I had wanted a small wedding all along... Basically the only reason I was upset about having to cancel the original wedding was because we had gone through all the hassle of planning (which I hate to do in general!) and lost a bunch of money.

Husband and I are also some of the lucky ones because we've both been working from home since last March, which our dogs LOVE -- seriously, they're going to flip out when we go back to the office -- but which I have to admit is not good for my productivity

For quarantine amusement, I did ramp up my baking/cooking (no breadmaking tho) at the very beginning, and even bought some Alison Roman cookbooks because she was trendy on Twitter and I wanted to pretend to be cultured. But, this was a bit of a mistake because it turns out I don't like the things she cooks ??? (seafood, bone-in meats, anchovies) My bad. I also set up an aerogarden my husband had given me for xmas to grow herbs, but unfortunately by the time they had grown it coincided with my being burned out on doing dishes or wanting to cook, so a lot of them have since gone to waste... along with all the plain greek yogurt I kept buying with the intent of making tzatziki sauce.

After that I moved onto my next obsession, which is makeup, despite mostly just seeing other people through video calls and covering half my face with a mask on the rare occasion I do leave the house. (Things are open here because, ya know, Texas, but we've been staying home) I’ve been spending a lot more at Sephora than I usually do, watching YouTube videos, and I now own a lot more eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks than I ever thought I would or is humanly necessary So that’s been fun, though it’s also at odds with the KonMarie process that I had started at one point... you can probably guess that I didn't finish (only got through the first category, clothes).
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You will know exactly who you are, forever, by knowing what it is that you love.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arawis View Post
    I also set up an aerogarden my husband had given me for xmas to grow herbs, but unfortunately by the time they had grown it coincided with my being burned out on doing dishes or wanting to cook, so a lot of them have since gone to waste... along with all the plain greek yogurt I kept buying with the intent of making tzatziki sauce.

After that I moved onto my next obsession, which is makeup, despite mostly just seeing other people through video calls and covering half my face with a mask on the rare occasion I do leave the house. (Things are open here because, ya know, Texas, but we've been staying home) I?ve been spending a lot more at Sephora than I usually do, watching YouTube videos, and I now own a lot more eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks than I ever thought I would or is humanly necessary
    are you... are you me? lol, I do that all the time with herbs, I'm like "yeah! I'll make some kind of ... thing... with these!" Spoiler alert: I don't. I'm with you on the makeup. I'm still working in my office, so I have to wear a mask whenever I'm around people (which isn't often) but I've managed to double down on my makeup. I have ... a disturbing quantity of eyeshadow palettes, and I keep compulsively looking for more. Like no single one of them is 100% perfect. There's always one shade that I never use, that i was was different. Or it's too much sparkles. Or too much matte. And shoes. I've gone from someone who buys one average pair of shoes and then wears them ceaselessly until they fall apart to someone who is buying quality expensive Fluevogs. So many pairs of Fluevogs. I've becomes a shoe monster. It's disturbing. I can't stop! The only thing stopping me now is knowing how incredibly ridiculous I'm being and also there's no space left in the closet. :/

Welcome back!
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

Actually, I'm pretty sure you gals are the same person, everything would make so much sense! I mean... I've never seen you 2 in the same room, so, surely something's going on there.

Only reading I'm getting done lately is making sure I've been keeping up with Sanderson's cosmere. Tennis seems to be the only activity I do non-virtually anymore and it sure is crazy to think of how long it's been since I've been face to face with people that aren't family/tennis partner. Guess I'll get to learn all about how to interact in person again once these vaccines become more readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Blake View Post
    are you... are you me?
    I don't think I'm cool enough for that Haha but yes I've been the same way! It's always a pain finding dill at the store when I want to make tzatziki, so I was like YES I'm gonna have my own dill PLANT I can have tzatziki ALL THE TIME. But I haven't made it once and now the basil is overshadowing and probably killing it

Also, I never wore eyeshadow or lipstick on a daily basis before this started so I really have no excuse for the quantity I've purchased since

Cypher, at least you're staying active! I stopped going to pilates (even though they're open) because of the pandemic and I haven't picked up anything to replace it.... I can't even say I've been a good dog mom walking my dogs
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You will know exactly who you are, forever, by knowing what it is that you love.

Finding dill for tzatziki is always a dilemma! Never in stock at the first store you visit. Pro-tip for tzatziki: roast your garlic before adding it to the sauce. Makes it much mellower.
    Sheriff SotS
    Gaidin to Amelia. My sword is her shield.

Knowledge is Power - Power corrupts
    Study hard and become Evil