Page 1 of 227 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Room

The Man On The Moon High House Moon Waffles's Avatar

Angry The Rant Room

We so need one of these....

Don't you just hate it when one of your friends decides to have pms and bite your head off even though you are trying to be nice, and when you get fed up with their unadmirable sarcasm, they act like a bloody drama queen? I love that particular friend dearly, but geez they can be infuriating.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently I'm supposed to mention that this 'friend' is lexi. Even though this is actually a general comment about a number of people in the past few days.
    Last edited by dark fuschia; September 8th, 2003 at 02:01.

Default Re: Venting Thread

Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored

Bein' in Florida with no car sucks

Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored

take a right and the unicorns and it's the third cloud on your left

Default Re: bored

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBrother

Bein' in Florida with no car sucks
    being ANYWHERE with no car sux.. 'cept maybe NY and cities akin to that
    I am the TM fairy, I'll sprinkle trancendence on you when your back's turned

Default Re: Re: bored

I wish I could have a vacation from people. One week, that's all I need. One week to read, sit on the computer, whatever. As long as I don't have to put up with real, live people.

Default Re: Re: Re: bored

boys, as a general species are terrible things...

~composes anger~.. ~a bit~

High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Re: bored

Quote Originally Posted by Amaia
    I wish I could have a vacation from people. One week, that's all I need. One week to read, sit on the computer, whatever. As long as I don't have to put up with real, live people.

I get those, but I call them "field work". Shouldn't you get these, Amaia?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: bored

Well, if I was school doing research or actually working in research, I would. But alas, I don't. Of course, I could always just drive to the beach on the pretense of freelance research.

High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bored

Quote Originally Posted by Amaia
    Well, if I was school doing research or actually working in research, I would.
    Yes, well, you know what you have to do now.

The Man On The Moon High House Moon Waffles's Avatar

I hate my body. Damn burning out. Bah. It doesn't even look that good
    Warder to Epiph
    Engaged to Arianna

Why do people have to be so crabby just for the hell of it? I mean honestly...it takes less energy to be laid-back and polite than it does to be spiteful. I mean, especially with old people who NEED to conserve their energy.

So I'm at work tonight at the restaurant, and I'm standing in the lobby telling the host something or other, and this old man comes up with his wife. First of all, the poor old fart has hearing aids which must have had dead batteries cos he's YELLING AT THE TOP OF HIS SMOKE FILLED LUNGS!

Man: "I NEED TO PAY MY BILL!"
    Me: "Okay sir, let me give that to your server and she'll have your change right away."
    Man: "I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR HER ANY LONGER!!! SHE NEEDS TO REALISE THAT SERVERS LIVE ON TIPS AND IF YOU DON'T GIVE GOOD SERVICE YOU DON'T GET TIPPED!!!"
    (The server mentioned is one of our best btw)
    Me: "Okay, well let me take care of that for you here then."

So I cash the guy out and give him his change...it was like 2 20's and a 10 dollar bill. Meanwhile he's holding a handful of 1 and 5 dollar bills in his other hand.

Man: "YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO GOD**** CASHIER! YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME CHANGE SO I COULD GIVE HER A TIP!!!" and he throws the 10 back at me. So I give him some smaller change.
    Me: "Here you go, sir."
    Man: "AND DON'T GIVE ME A SMART*** ATTITUDE OR I'LL TELL A MANAGER!!!"

(Employees wear bright shirts with neon fish and jeans, and I'm wearing slacks and a button-down dress shirt)

Me: "I AM a manager, sir."
    Man: (in a normal voice) "Well, give this to our server." And hands me her 15% tip.

Me:

*sigh*
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

Pictures!
    Blog!

Mistress of Shadows High House Moon night faerie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Rant Room

oh, man arent people just the shit?
    The other day this smug old man comes into my office. He's supposed to pay $25 each time he comes in and now he owes us $50, with today, its $75. So the girl asks for the payment and he tells her to bill him. So she calls the billing manager in. (thats me)

Now I always speak to people in this context with a perfectly calm and pleasant voice, and a smile. I love how it infuriates them when they're being difficult and they cant ruffle me, or how it takes them offguard when they expect an argument.

Me: We're no longer billing people, sir, we take the payment in the office.
    Him: Well you can just send me a bill. (smiles)
    Me: We're no longer doing that, payment is required at the time of service.
    Him: Well what if I dont feel like paying? (smiles smugly)
    Me: Well what if we dont feel like treating you? (smiles sweetly)
    Him: Just send me a bill and go away. (smiles snidely)
    Me: No. (smile)
    Him: Well, I'm not paying you, so what are you going to do about it? (smiles superiorly)
    Me: I can reschedule your appointment if you prefer. (smiles helpfully)
    Him: I dont want to reschedule, I want to be seen today. (smile falters)
    Me: Then you must pay the balance you owe. (smiles matter-of-factly)
    Him: Well, I'm not going to do that. (smiles)
    Me: Well, you wont be seeing the doctor then. (smiles)
    Him: Oh, I WILL see him today.
    Me: Well, I'll see what we can do about it.

At this point I go to my office manager, explain the situation. She sort of sighs and goes, well tell him we'll see him this once without it, and he'll have to pay next time. I tell her this guy will pull this crap every time he's here, and I dont want to go back and let him off. So she's like ok, I'll tell him. She goes up to tell him she'll give him a break and he totally bites her head off, lol, so she tells him he's not getting anywhere without paying what he owes.
    He handed her a $100 bill out of a roll. The best part tho is that she totally went up to give him a break and he was a poopyhead and got nowhere because of it. It was great.
    And as he was leaving the office after seeing the doc, he came over and shook my hand and apologized. People are right fooked sometimes. Go figure.
    THE END

"...just an idle doodle in the margins of our minds ..."
    ...nf

Located firmly in the butt-indents of my computer chair.

Default Customers suck.

Dumpy woman in her early 40's walks up to me at the store and asks where the shopvac hoses are (I work in hardware at walmart, btw). I point out that they are about ten feet from where she is standing and tell her that no, we don't have just hoses, but we have accessory kits with hoses.

EvilWomanFromHell: "Just shut your mouth and show me where they are."
    Me:"Right there." *shows her and returns to setting the modulars*

Five minutes later...

EWFH: "I don't see them! Where are they!?"
    Me: Walks up, looks her in the eye and pulls one off the shelf in front of her without looking. "Right here, ma'am. Have a nice day." *flees*

Default Re: Customers suck.

i hate algebra 2. i understand it, but the teacher gives us these incredibly long assignments, and if you make one mistake you don't know it until you're done with the whole problem. I seriously just got done with tonight's homework. it took me 2 hours. that is too much for one subject.

~explodes~

Default Re: The Rant Room

i know, i hate algebra 2 as well, oh, and also AP physics...just like math, only add more dimensions, and science.
    my physics teacher: "okay class, today i will teach you everything you'll ever need to know about trig, in 45 mins."

class: "uhhh?"

Default Re: Re: The Rant Room

oh god i know.. i still dont really get it

oo btw way did you get the last 2 problems on the alg two hw?

heh whats the point.. you're prolly already asleep, lucky bitch