Page 226 of 227 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3394

Thread: The Rant Room

Rebellious Witch Whore!! High House Dawn Amelia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Rant Room

Its like a shirt I see on facebook all the time and I love it.

We're Introverts!

We're here!
    We're uncomfortable and we want to go home!
    Bonded to Sweet Bucky, Hyper SotSy, and Dashing Mike
    Smartmouth Goddess!
    I want to be Wonder Woman

Blog Entries

I like reading before going to bed. Now for some reason a while ago, I was reading a book as pleasantly as ever, and the next day... I could not. Book was there, I was there, lights were on, book was opened, pages filled with text, but for some odd reason all the text was blurry. So, fine, a misprint apparently. But then, in fact, everything I held in my hands suddenly was a misprint. There's a crisis going on, so that was a perfect explanation. Companies have no money to reprint, so apparently they just bring out the blurry text, people will figure it out.

I managed, struggled like hell, but was successful for months and months, but the misprints were getting worse, I'm sure you all have noticed.

One day I was in the store and they had these plastic reading glasses. Funny guy as I am I decided to plant one on my nose for laughs, and damn, did I find out there and then that the text everywhere weren't printed blurry. Nothing anywhere was blurry. The joke was on me. I... was getting old.

So, reading glasses saved the day and I have munched through several books since then. But then I decided I wanted to go diving. I've been wanting to for like 25 years. So, now I'm diving. In the pook, but even that is utterly cool. I can recommend it. Except, attached to all sorts of garden hoses, they have these little meters you must be able to read if you do not want to die or something silly like that. Reading glasses won't do as those won't fit inside the dive mask. I can put prescription glasses in my mask, but tried out with sticky lenses first. And it sucks. I do not want such odd stuff. I bought a mask with huge windows to have a clear view and a clear view I want. So, what then?!

Well, multifocal lenses. Me, Eagle Eye, barely used to glasses has stepped into the world of sticking stuff onto my eyes, and DAMN! HOW DO PEOPLE EVER GET USED TO THAT?! I hurt, all freaking day long, day in, day out. I have to get up half an hour earlier if I want to be in time, no, if I do not want to arrive an hour later at work. My eyes seem to suck all the water out of, well, everything, everywhere, all the time. And in the evening I spent like a freaking hour poking in my eyes to get these damned things out of my eyes, and/or wondering whether to call the emergency services because I can't even figure out if I have a lens in my eye or not, and if I do, then where is it and why isn't it coming out when I damn nearly pluck the eyeballs out of my skull?!

I'll learn. I think. Trying various lenses now. Some must be better then others. And worse. I'll just keep on trying.

So... rant. ~nods~
    All that I need is
    A sweet escape

Blog Entries

Aw, Mike! That sucks! You do eventually get used to the contact lenses, at least I did, before they started irritating me too much to even bother trying. (also, I'm vaguely near-sighted, to such a small degree now that they don't even make the right prescription for me). I too remember the time that I was certain that the province I had moved to was just too filthy for license plates to be clear, and had dodgy lights in malls that made faces blurry, and the crap TV my mom had with a TV guide that was too blurry - all the result of my own deficient eyeballs. :s

The trick with the contacts is to take it slow, make sure your hands are super clean with no dust (it helps, even if it's wasteful, to use a paper towel to dry your hands before dealing with the lenses) and use lots of the drops that are reccommended for your lenses!
    Your sense of self is defined by what you think other people think of you.

I'm a militant Agnostic: I don't know and neither do you!

major major major major dark fuschia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

aww Mike! Diving though... cool. I am a bit scaredy of diving. Where will you go diving?

Rant: Okay so Harriet has been waking between 5:30-6 am for about six months now (before this she woke at 7 almost every day). I have been fighting it by telling her it's not wake up time yet and just letting her play in her room while I try and dose on her bed until at least 6:20am... you know just trying to get the point across that its NOT WAKE up time. (She's not quite at the stage where she is happy top be left alone for long). Usually she is climbing all over me, flicking the lights on and off, playing with noisy toys, talking to me... just doing everything possible to make sure I get no extra sleep.

Anyway I am just gving up. If you can't beat em join em. I am now going to be one of those morning people who wake up at 5:30 and do productive stuff. I am going to make Harriet do stuff too. Serves her right. Anyway for my first productive action... I am posting at the quill! (I also did the dishes already... yay me)

King Sloth High House Chaos sir archely's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like doing productive stuff around 3-4 am. Unfortunately I am back to work now, so 3-4 am is not so good.
    I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries

Not a rant really, but am I the only one who just can't muster up any fucks to give over the new Star Wars trailer? I just... I can't. I can't even try to care. Probably because last time, it was just so not worth all the caring. I've been hurt before, and I just can't even set myself up for hurt again. Yay geriatric Han Solo, the thing I pretty much never wanted to see. I mean... maybe. Maybe it won't be so bad, I mean, it would probably be hard to be that bad, but still, I feel alone in my circle of acquaintances, all of whom are excitedly posing about the trailer and going "YAY!" and I'm just sitting back going "yeah, sure. that's going to happen. Meh."

Ditto the Terminator Genysis trailer. Though with that one, I feel more like I'm supressing the feelings that the first trailer was explicitely designed to make me feel. I know it, I see it. And yeah, Kinda excited, but also... burned so badly in the past. So, so... wait, no I wasn't. There are only 2 Terminator movies in existence. lalala la la la LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Blog Entries

I agree Anita. Hurt me once, shame on you, hurt me twice, shame on me.

Mitichlorians. What? PhipTTTHWWWHBBBE!??

Jerks.

High Roller High House Moon Dregs's Avatar

I'm worried I can't rewatch the original Star Wars now, in case they turn out to be rubbish. What if they were always crap, I've just remembering them as awesome through the eyes of 7 year old Dregs?
    (I told you it was a mistake to let me have a signature.)

Blog Entries

I watched them a few years ago. They hold up, but mainly through the force of nostalgia.

Terminator 2, now. That's basically the world's most perfect movie.

Blog Entries

How do I keep doing this to myself?! We're going off to a cabin for the weekend with some friends, and somehow, a relatively innocuous (or so i thought) request from my BF to make "southern BBQ" has turned into a multi-day quest for meats that they don't sell at my local grocery store (pork shoulder and Beef brisket. Why don't they sell these? I have no clue.) And then I'm wrapping my head around a) how do I manage to make three different kinds of meats, some beans, and a veggie side with a minimal amount of actual work and maximum amount of drinking mimosas all day in b)a kitchen I've never been in before, with uncertain tools and who knows what kind of space.

I currently have 4Kg of meat, and I haven't even bought the sausages yet. (there are 6 people who will be eating this, but I figure we're just going to eat leftovers all weekend.)

I'm starting to feel like this is going to be an episode of Cutthroat Kitchen.

Blog Entries

Anita I don't know what people like me would do without people like you. We'd never get to taste anything special and exciting! I only do the minimum necessary when it comes to food.

How did it turn out, Anita? I know a bit about 'Southern BBQ'.

Blog Entries

Well, I don't know how well it would qualify as "southern BBQ", but we did have delicious pulled pork, utterly divine beef brisket, some baked beans which were pretty darn fantastic, and my friend made us all some cornbread - and by some, I mean 3 different flavours. Plus there was coleslaw, so I kind of forgot about the sausages and we had them the next day with leftovers. I was going to do hasbrowns, but again, there was already too much food and the villagers were getting restless. I think I kind of dropped the ball on BBQ sauce, because I'm personally not a fan, preferring to season the meat well, and cook it well and let it's flavours stand on it's own, (also, I hate meat with sweet vinagery sauce, I think it's disgusting). I did bring some BBQ sauce, but either the meat was so good on it's own, or the sauce I bought was not up to par, because most of it came home with me. I should probably put someone else on BBQ sauce duty next time, I have no experience with the stuff. But still, the brisket was a hit! We planned on doing it in the oven, but the oven didn't work, so we had to do it all day on the BBQ on low, wrapped up in tin foil. We weren't sure how it was going to come out, but it had the most delicious burnt-crust on the bottom that there were a few squabbles over.

Overall, I'd say it was a hit, though we all left with meat-babies in our bellies, so maybe next time more salad, a little less meat, but NO! that is not the way we do BBQ!

Blog Entries

oh my goodness I love slow cooked burnt meat bits!!

Blog Entries

slow cooked burnt meat bits are heaven.